Thanks Ian I was about to point out those AGC data but you beat me to it.

To emphasize the comments on SLP a bit, SLP = 0 gives you the best
discrimination between signals of different strength ABOVE the THR level.  When
working a pileup I want that.  Setting SLP=15  is a flat slope and makes
signals of different level sound the same.  You might want that for general rag
chewing.  However, since version 4.51, higher THR levels also affect SLP.  For
high THR, SLP=0 and SLP=15 are virtually the same. Alan explained that once but
I'm not sure why that is so.

BTW, it is easy to make macros to switch between different THR/SLP values for
different operating conditions.

Cheers,

Fred KE7X

For all KE7X books (and other information) see
www.ke7x.com<http://www.ke7x.com>.