From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Ron D'Eau
Claire
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 11:08 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] 80 Meter Verticals

One characteristic of a "T", assuming the top wires run in opposite directions
and are of equal length, is that radiation from the top wires is highly
suppressed because they are fed "in phase" by the vertical section. That means
that nearly all radiation is from the vertical section, whereas in an inverted
"L" arrangement there is considerable radiation from the horizontal section.

Some ultimate "T" type antennas for H.F. were the very short verticals
documented by Jerry Severt (W2FMI, SK) using umbrella-like multiple top hat

73 Ron AC7AC