Based on the excellent KPA500 design, augmented by user experience, and the
added comments to Eric's question below, I'm confident Elecraft can define
another great product if they so choose.

My request is that the button colors be more functional than they are on the
KPA500.  "Black on Black" is aesthetically very cool in a well-lit
environment, but functionally very poor in most actual operational
environments.  Some of us have replaced the KPA500 button caps with gray and
other colors like on the K3, so we can find the buttons more readily.

Ed W0YK

Eric WA6HHQ wrote:

Interesting discussion.

Folks, if we did introduce a 1500 W solid state amp similar to our KPA500 in

operation, what features etc would be important?