One thing to keep in mind, is that just Uninstall of the device may not be
enough. There is an option in the driver Uninstall that allows you to delete
the driver software. What I would do, is look at the comports in the device
manager and if I see any exclamation marks do the Uninstall but select delete
driver as well.Next unplug your device, and reboot.Next install the software
from the manufacture and then reboot and then plug in your device.This always
works. Just make sure you install the correct drivers. 73 Tom va2fsq.com

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Bill Johnson <k9...@live.com> Date:
'Richard Lawn' <rjl...@gmail.com>, elecraft@mailman.qth.net Subject: Re:
[Elecraft] K3 not Seen By Computer after OS upgrade
If you upgraded to Win 10 then do the updates which are rather large and see if
that doesn't fix the issue.  If not then right click on the Win 10 start icon
and select device manager.  Find errors in the list then uninstall.  Next
select action and select look for new devices ( something like that).  If you
note the device manager repopulates the same errored device, remove again but
reboot.  IF that doesn't solve it, right click on errored device item and look
for update.  If that doesn't work, google the issue and be careful where you go
to research the item.  (Great place to find viruses or bad sites.)

73,
Bill
K9YEQ