Ah yes the kitoon.  Had heard of it but forgotten. Seared in my memory
instead was two Field Day attempts by my club at balloon antennas, both
ending in blow overs.  Much overrated as an antenna support.

Most balloons of the WX type cannot lift no. 12 antenna wire of a big
antenna, or lift it vertically.
Of course on a hill as we are, you always have a part of the day windy.

The kitoon aims to take the wind and steer the balloon lift so that lay over
is not the problem.  But then, you are back to the kids and BB guns, too
heavy of antennas, and the constant SWR changes as the wire moves around.
Required constant retuning, thus losing QSO time in FD.

Stuart
K5KVH