I am having a problem with my transmitter testing. When I try to transmit my K2 says "Hi-Cur" and the power indication stays at 0.1. However the wattmeter I have attached to the antenna indicates 10 watts or more. I have the wattmeter hooked up to a dummy load. I tried connecting it to my antenna with the same results. I can't align the 40 meter band-pass filter inductors because the transmitter is putting out too much power. It seems like the transmitter is going full bore and nothing in the radio is telling it to slow down. And I don't understand the 0.1 power indication on the K2 meter.

Please forgive my probably poor explanation.

Keith Hamilton W8GX