I think there were plenty of hints. I expect that was a TS-2000, though the
price sounds like a good deal.

My first rig was an IC-756 (non-Pro). A pretty good radio, really, and totally
sold me on the spectrum display. I think the used price on those is depressed
because the LCD display had reliability problems and is too expensive to
replace. But…$600 on eBay for an IC-756? Not bad at all. That will give a ham a
taste of a modern rig, with NR, spectrum display, etc. Dang, an IC-703 goes for
the same price. That’s a sweet QRP rig, but for a shack, I’d go with the IC-756.

But if you really want an IC-703, talk to me. I have an early non-plus (no 6m)
version with a CW filter. Lovely rig, but it is gathering dust since I got the
KX3.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wun...@wunderwood.org