Without modeling it, I would guess that it will actually narrow the matched BW and it makes it a single band antenna at the same time.

My Drake L4-B would drive anything. When I decided I needed a new challenge (9BDXCC) I wanted to get on 160. Of course the Drake didn't cover 160 and my then K3, now K3S doesn't have a tuner. So I added some wire to the ends of the 80-meter inverted V. This meant that I didn't have an 80-meter antenna but the Drake would drive it anyway. Currently, with a KPA500 and KAT500 I have modest power on 160 but the KAT500 chokes on 80 at above 200-300 Watts.

Hence the new vertical for next season.