-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Basilier [mailto:ebasil...@cox.net]
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2017 11:43 AM
To: 'Rick Tavan' <r...@tavan.com>
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] OT: Package shippers

In the past I have used UPS extensively, but recently they refused to ship
my expensive tube amplifier, in its original packing materials, unless I
would pay them to re-pack in their own, new packing materials. I was told
that their new policy is that, unless the insured value is less than $100,
the customer must pay for new packing materials, provided and packed by UPS.
Even before the extra packing expense, their price was much higher than
FedEx.

Regarding FedEx, I had one bad experience years ago, when they delivered a
package to a large apartment complex across the street, instead of to my
single family house. Since then, I have been using them many times for bulky
items, always successfully.

I agree that USPS has an excellent record of delivering packages undamaged.
For small packages they are also great on price, but not so much for bigger
items.

73,
Erik K7TV