> This is very confusing, Stan.  Are you saying that if you tap BAND (up),
> you move from 24 to 28.676 MHz and then can't dial VFO A down to 28.4?
Yes, that is exactly what is happening. I can assure you it is not
something I programmed into the system.  I checked the config menu (BND
MAP) and all bands are in. Somehow I may have unintentionally programmed
an issue into the system. I haven't programmed anything into the system
so resetting the defaults should be no loss if all goes well. The
curiosity is how I got into this mix in the first place. Included in
this email is an image of the front panel that might give a clue.

I have the second edition of Fred Cady's book. Point me  in the right
direction and I'll plow through it.

All: I really appreciate the help.

73
Stan KG7FYI