Grerald,

I would suggest that everyone obtain the ARRL Antenna Handbook.
Ignore the sections dealing with specifics, but study the sections dealing with basic antennas and transmission lines. Once you obtain a grasp of those fundamentals, you can extend that to an understanding of all antennas.

There are many other sources, but for the basic information on antenna fundamentals is essential to understanding all the other antenna implementations.

Do not concentrate on the specific antennas, but study the antenna principles on which all those specific antenna implementations are based.

Hams often concentrate on specific antenna designs and ignore the basic principles on which those designs are based. If you start with the principles, then you can better understand the "wherefore and the why" of those specific designs.

73,
Don W3FPR