I worked with the Icom CI-V interface years ago when I was building frequency
agile remote bases

The CI-V is TTL  (5 volts),

While I have not put an Elecraft KXUSB on a scppe to look at the signal levels
I'm gong to say No.
My logic is that the Elecraft May be able to use TTL, The Elecraft Will use
RS-232 Levels

If you look at the Elecraft W2 Manual it shows how to wire an interface that
goes directly to the DB-9 Pins
(I'm using the W2 here because it's easy to see what is going on) upon looking
at the schematic for the W2
you can see how they are level converting from Serial levels to TTL Levels.

In short Elecraft builds the Level converter into the gear Icom does Not.
Additionally Icom ties the TX&RX lines together.