Well I just put a scope on a KXUSB connector and it measures 5.04 Volts DC. So
I really think it will work as long as you combine the Ring and Tip  signals to
the Tip of a plug for the ICOM

Also note that the program interface on ICOM Dual Band Mobiles is on the Ring
of one of the Speaker jacks. It's also CI-V. At least this worked on my 2720
years ago.

Sent from my iPhone
...nr4c. bill