Mike,

You may be over-thinking it.

Wrap 10 turns around the core and measure its inductance.

From that data, you can calculate the AL value. Match that AL value against a chart of the values for various cores.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 5/22/2017 9:30 AM, Michael Walker wrote:
All

I am doing some work on a box of chokes I received and I am trying to
figure out just exactly what mix they are.

I have a tracking generator, so I am trying to figure out  a test jig.  Do
I just wrap the choke in fleedline, have a common ground and then use the
shield of the feedline to feed my signal over looking for the attenuation
on the receiving end of the generator?