That would most likely have been the A-12 at Battleship park in Mobile,
AL.  It would be right off I-10.  http://www.ussalabama.com/

For anyone interested in Blackbirds, try this site:
http://www.visi.com/~jweeks/sr71/index.html

On topic, I haven't made or put up any antennas yet.  :)  I imagine when
I do I'll have some stinkers as well.  I'm thinking about a dipole
running the ridge of my house.  I could hit a half-wave for 40 meters.
Then there are those really tall fir trees in the front yard...

Walt, KE7GWZ