I have found certain instances when using a software program to control / communicate with the radio, when closing the software application it may not terminate correctly and thus leave some odd data in the radio or leave the radio in questionable or unknown state. This most often occurs when one shuts down the station, thus turning the radio off before closing the program. In many cases, a master reset of the radio corrects the issue.........until next time.

Power up and power down sequence along with software initialization and termination can be problematic. For the most part I allow the computer to fully boot, have the radio off but connected to the computer, turn on the power supply, turn on the radio, load the operating software / application on the computer. To shut down, close the software / application on the computer, turn off the radio, turn off the power supply and finally shut down the computer. Your sequence may vary somewhat depending on your station configuration.

73

Bob, K4TAX

K3S s/n 10163