Well stated Don,  This was one of the deciding factors for me when I pulled the
trigger on Elecraft two years ago. I saw the value in  being able to add
options along the way as/if, my operating style or conditions changed. Firmware
upgrades and support were the other reason. I wanted a rig "I" could grow into
over time before time ran out on the current technology "of the day".

73 Gene
N9TF