Erik,

Use the RS-232 interface, but you will need the KXSER cable to connect the KX3/2 to the DB9 connector. You can order it from Elecraft or construct your own. If you do not have the parts on hand but still want to build it, order the kit of parts W1SERKT from Elecraft.

I am certain the schematic appears in other places, but one I know about is on page 30 of the XG3 Owner's Manual - download it from the Elecraft website.

73,
Don W3FPR