From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Clay Autery
Sent: Tuesday, August 8, 2017 12:17 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KAT500 - Blinking Mode Light

Did not include that in original post, but I AM holding the XMIT/TUNE button in
to send the RF sig to KAT500.

See just prior response.

Also, K3s power set at ABOVE 7 watts,,,, both 10 Watts and above 12-13 to
engage K3 PA...

Trying to tune using the KAT500 causes the blinking mode light and an obvious
break in the rf signal path to the antenna...
What is key is that KAT500 in Bypass, K3s in Bypass, TUNE gives 3.6:1...
Put KAT500 in Manual and TUNE on K3s gives 12.6:1 or higher.

Do it in AUTO and the KAT500 kicks out, blinking mode, 99.9:1 SWR...
obvious signal path disco.

73,

Clay Autery, KY5G
MONTAC Enterprises