opps that should be a 3Mhz HIGH pass filter!

On 12/08/2017 08:02, Philip Anderson wrote:
Many thanks for all the thoughts and information people have offered on this issue! If in addition to the extra high pass filtering the KX2 has RX SHIFT permanently enabled, that certainly explains why it's immune to AM breakthrough.

It sounds like it might be worth trying a 3Mhz low pass filter to sort out 80m and above and accepting that RX SHIFT will need to be used on top band (which I rarely use anyway). Because the local broadcast station is quite close to top band (around 1.6Mhz), I doubt a high pass filter that allowed top band through would reject the broadcast transmitter sufficiently to sort the problem.

It seems like there might be a few commercial products which could work - or I could just get out my soldering iron!

Phil G4PWO

Message delivered to phil.ander...@invades.net