A few years ago, at a previous home with 5 ac, I considered an 80m full wave horizontal loop fed with ladder line (450-ohm) but coming thru the house wall would require hefty insulators so I considered running parallel coax as Wayne described and have an parallel tuner on the wall. Theoretical loop Z is 140-ohms so I was thinking parallel RG-11.

Still have the big variable caps needed for the tuner, but I bought a old Drake MN2000 and now have the KXPA100 with atu for the tribander and inverted-V; Inverted-L has a tapped base coil.

Well, short story: "in 2006 we moved to property with heavily forested 1-3/4 ac so loop idea was abandoned and I put up an inverted-L between two towers separated 130 foot".

73, Ed - KL7UW
  http://www.kl7uw.com
Dubus-NA Business mail:
dubus...@gmail.com