Thanks Don.
I triple-checked the inductor wires and they are well soldered to the pads.
I also verified the value of the resistor across it, 5.1 Mohms. I reflowed
the solder anyway, but no change in the BFO frequency range.

If L33 wasn't connected would the oscillator even run?

If one of the two crystals was bad (or not soldered properly) would you
also see a reduction in BFO range?
What about if one of the varactors had failed?

Any further advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and 73
Mike M.
KU4QO