It doesn't sound like you are operating mobile at all if your antenna is a
Buddipole in a parking lot.  Leave the vehicle turned off. No ignition noise or
bonding to worry about. If that limits your operating time, carry another
battery to power the rig (maybe a gel cell for safety) when you are parked. You
can rig up a connection to the vehicle charging system to recharge the extra
battery on the way to the next county. Your SUV either has a hitch or wiring
for one where you can pick up a connection to the alternator. That's how a
trailer battery is recharged.

Eric

KE6US