On 10/9/2017 12:48 PM, Clay Autery wrote:
I'm being given an SPE 1K-FA for use with my fully current K3s.

I'm being told that the K3s and SPE don't play well together using "ALC".
A conflicting report is telling me that Elecraft addressed the ALC issue.

I owned one of these amps for a few months, having bought it to get more power on 6M than the KPA500 did.  I didn't like it much. You probably know that ALC should NEVER be used between a rig and an amp to set the output power. That's a recipe for creating harmonics, clicks, and splatter. The right way to do it is to reduce drive power. If you're going to use ALC at all, set output power by reducing drive and use ALC ONLY to protect the amp when something goes wrong with an antenna (like the operator connecting the wrong one). :)

73. Jim K9YC