One thing observed at our repeater location is that the CFL was quiet until the
the transmitter was on the air. It then generated noise.  In a simplex
condition it wouldn't be observed. But in a duplex operation or multiple
receiver situation it becomes an issue.  Replaced by a LED with lessened
issues.

Bob, K4TAX

Sent from my iPhone