Hello,

My KX3 doesn't show the problem you describe, maybe you need to give a look to
your settings, but you already received some answers from the major experts.
I also own a K2 full optional and i think is the best radio for CW, the K2 have
the best signal/noise ratio i ever heard and the sound is smooth and natural,
very pleasant.
I have also a K3s, i love Elecraft rigs, but to me, the more fascinating one
remain the K2.
I am strong Elecrafter here in Italy, Eric knows this ;-)

I prefer the KX3 outside the shack, is complete and can do everything, from
phone to cw to digital.
The K2 have only SSB and CW.
Althoug in CW is the better, in SSB maybe not.

I agree with you that "strangely" the audio from the K2 is nicer despite the
tight filter, but i still find difficult to push out ALL the watt in SSB.
Comparing the K2 to my other radios, included the K3s, i can see that the K2
never reach the maximum output power in SSB. I tried different microphone and
settings, but i always get no more than 60-70% of the maximum power in the best
conditions.
This is the only point of regret with my beloved K2.
Is not very important because i mostly do CW and in CW the K2 is a top
performer, but i would like to find a solutions before of after.
I can also add that i already done all the adjustent suggested for filters
tuning and BFO alignments, Gary (from Elecraft) knows how much time we spent on
it ;-)

Best regards, to all, Graziano IW2NOY (W2NOY)