On Apr 7, 2006, at 9:40 AM, Bob Evans wrote:

I made the 1K to 10K resistor change on my K2's SSB board because I use a Heil element and seemed to have to talk louder than I preferred in order to
get the VOX to work well.

I made the same mod -- I used a 3.9 k resistor instead of a 10 k. I'm currently considering adding a small pre-amp circuit and going back to the 1 k resistor for R14.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901