One of my class mates signed up for the Navy right after graduation from High School.  He ended up being a radio operator. Has retold the story many times of several ops sitting in front of a mill {typewriter} and all were copying the same message from multiple receivers.  The average message speed ran somewhat above 20 WPM.  In one instance a message was sent from command that a very large message of several thousand word groups was to be sent.  The best operators were assigned to the duty.  He says they copied a thousand word groups and then sending station would break for confirmation.  His response to the sending station was RR QRQ.........      {Roger Roger Send Faster}

73

Bob, K4TAX