Good Evening,

    A stead hiss, not quite a roar, plagued both nets.  QSB gave a light flutter.  Then there were those screeching, frequency drifting interruptions.  I dream of seeing the "inner" surface of the ionosphere in real time so I could correlate sound to the bending radio waves.  The whistlers and screechers are those I'd study more closely.

   Weather reports of daytime temperatures in the Midwest were not warm.  Far from it in fact - each reporter made sure I knew the figure was less than zero.  My brother, from SW Wisconsin, has been grumbling lately of the sub zero weather.  Hopefully it won't last long.  Stay warm guys!

   On 14050 kHz at 2300z:

K6XK - Roy - IA

W0CZ - Ken - ND

   On 7045.5 kHz at 0100z: