On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, EricJ wrote:

And the K1 is all the better for it too with the silkiest tuning of the
bunch.

I'm also mystified by the compulsion to measure operating frequency on a ham
BAND to a few Hz.

It would be useful for another thing I've never understood....the exact resonant frequency of the antenna.

Maybe operating for a day with something like my Drake 2-B/2-NT would be a
good replacement for the code requirement.

You could also simply be able to pass the seamanship merit badge and run Pactor and not have to worry about anything ham radio related.

73,Thom-k3hrn
www.zerobeat.net Home of QRP Web Ring, Drakelist home page,Drake Web Ring,
QRP IRC channel, Drake IRC Channel, Elecraft Owners Database
www.tlchost.net/hosting/  ***  Web Hosting as low as 3.49/month