I occasionally sell on eBay and I have one simple reason for Conus only.
Packages sent out of the US cannot be insured, at least through USPS, so if
they are lost or damaged you have no recourse.
Maybe that’s not true of private shippers I don’t know.
As far as PayPal protection they almost always side the buyer, not the
seller. I don’t believe they offer any help if your package is lost or
seriously damaged, in fact it’s usually the  opposite, if a buyer gets
something damaged then you as the seller are forced to refund all the
money. So, if it is uninsured because you can’t get insurance if it’s
shipped out of the US, your out the item and have to pay the buyer back.
73,
Tom, k2bew
--
Sent from my iPad Gmail