A little more info. The K3 and K3S default to 38400 bps on the serial port.
This can be changed in the configuration menu, and you should verify the
setting in the menu system.
If it is still set to the default, set your PC for 38400 bps (and the MicroHam
device as well, then give it a try. N1MM works very well with the K3, so it is
a matter of getting the configuration correct to make it work.

We 73!

Jack, W6FB