From: Ted Bryant [mailto:w...@comcast.net]
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 3:54 PM
To: 'N2TK, Tony' <tony....@verizon.net>; 'Elecraft Reflector'
<Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] K3 with N1MM - SPLIT mode

Tony,

It sounds like the software is operating correctly.

On the spots that you clicked on and the K3 went into Split mode, were the
spotted stations actually operating split?

This can also happen if the spotting station is in split mode when the spot
is sent to packet.  You can prove this to yourself.  Type a call into the
call sign field of the Entry window.  Put the K3 in split mode with the sub
vfo a kHz or two away. Now just tune the main vfo away and watch the
self-spot go into the bandmap.   Take the K3 out of split mode.  Use Ctrl+Up
or Dn  arrow and jump back to that spot.  The K3 will go back into Split
mode with the same offset as when you spotted it.

Similarly, if the radio is in the split mode and you click on a non-split
spot, it will cancel the split on the radio.

HTH.

73, Ted W4NZ