Agree with all of that.  I realized after I wrote it that I should have stressed that zeroing out the reactance at the antenna from the shack end of the feedline does NOT match it at the the feedpoint and that you'd still have SWR losses in the feedline and also in the matching network.  I was referring only to the reactance and should have made that more clear.

Also agree about the output impedance of the transmitter, but I was trying to simplify the discussion and didn't want to make it more obscure than it had already become.

73,
Dave   AB7E