Hi John,

You can change the KX2’s coarse tuning rate on a per-mode basis using the VFO
CRS menu entry. In CW mode the default is 0.1 kHz, but you can set it to
something higher. This would allow you to QSY much more quickly.

Another trick: Whenever the OFS knob’s LEDs are both off (RIT and B), the
control does coarse control of VFO A. Assuming RATE is set to 10 Hz, this means
you can do fine tuning with VFO A and coarse tuning with OFS -- no switch taps
needed.

Wayne
N6KR