From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Chris Hallinan
Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2018 10:51 AM
To: donw...@embarqmail.com
Cc: Wes Stewart <wes_n...@triconet.org>; <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
<elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA500 Faulting on high SWR on power rise

Not sure.  I pulled the plug out and Googled the numbers on it.  The plug is
labeled CG2 1000, which I think means it is a 1000V breakdown voltage.
It appears to be a Littlefuse device, according to Allied Electronics which has
the leaded version of the part for $2 ;)

Without knowing for sure, 1000V seems plenty for a 500W amp into approximately
50 ohms load.  Note I have the surge protector on the low SWR side of the tuner
which is mounted under an eve of the house.  Probably not ideal but that's
another issue ;)

Chris

--
Life is like Linux - it never stands still.

delivered to k9...@live.com