Stephen,

In DATA A, use the SHIFT (PBT II) to shift the passband down.
The widest passband is 3000 Hz. which is consistent with your 400 to 3500 Hz observation. I suggest shifting it to 150 to 3150 Hz. It will work fine for most soundcard data modes.

The K3/K3S has the same behavior, but it is not a problem.

73,
Don W3FPR