Does the utility save any info in Windows registry?

I opened the utility to check for firmware. As soon as I opened it, I received
the “K3 waiting for firmware load.....” message.

I was unable to get anywhere using info from the help file, so connected the K3
to another computer and all was FB.

I tried the original computer with the K3 disconnected but got the same error
message.

I have tried everything I can think of to correct the problem with the first
computer: rebooted the computer, uninstalled the utility and reinstalled the
latest utility rev, changed the port the K3 connects to.

My thought is that the utility must save some setting in the Win registry that
doesn’t get cleaned out when uninstalling the utility.

I can keep my K3 up to date using the second computer, but sure would be nice
to be able to use the normal computer.

Any ideas?
Harlan
K4HES