No, a Y-cable won't work. I use an A- B switch [Amazon, about $20].  You will 
also need a USB cable to the PC if you're using a logging program with CAT 

Fred K6DGW
Sparks NV

Ed G <> wrote:
>     I am exploring some different options for remote control of a home 
> station. After reviewing the Remoterig RRC-1258 manual, it appears that the 
> cabling to the home station K3 is minimal, basically just a null modem 
> connection from the K3 RS232 port to the Remoterig box.  To have a setup that 
> does not require constantly connecting and disconnecting the cable, can I use 
> a Y adapter, assuming that other external RS232 control/polling signals are 
> turned off?  The Remoterig box doesn’t have a power on/off switch, so it 
> might be powered up all the time, and I am wondering about potential 
> conflicts should I use a Y cable.
>This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
>Elecraft mailing list
>This list hosted by:
>Please help support this email list:
>Message delivered to
Elecraft mailing list

This list hosted by:
Please help support this email list:
Message delivered to

Reply via email to