Also, the radio should be connected direct to the power supply terminals and not through some other power distribution means. { I don't care what the advertisers say.}     IR drop is IR drop and every conductor and every connector is a contributor to IR drop.

73

Bob, K4TAX

On 4/12/2018 6:07 AM, elecraft-requ...@mailman.qth.net wrote:
Message: 2
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 12:02:38 -0400
From:"j...@kk9a.com"  <j...@kk9a.com>
To:elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft]  Astron VS-35M Powwer Supply V-

My 70amp Astron has 1/4" lugs and they seem to make a secure connection.
Do to my longer lead length (power supply on floor) I used 8ga wire. This
was difficult to stuff into the K3S sized PowerPole. Even with the shorter
leads that I use on contest expeditions along with a switching power
supply I found that I need 10ga wire to keep the voltage above 13.5 on TX.
I think that larger PowerPoles or studs would have been nicer for those
interested in keeping the K3S voltage in the desirable range. Double as
Joe suggested would also work if you wanted to run two sets of wires.

John KK9A