After retiring from my "regular" job, Rose (N7HKW) and I got
into an OTR "18-Wheeler" for a million miles and five years.

One incident involving Styrofoam peanuts comes to mind.
We were called into a California border inspection station
for what was supposed to be a routine inspection.  The lady
on duty ordered me to open the doors of the truck's trailer so
she could see that we were hauling what the waybill said.

I told her that the trailer was loaded with bulk blown-in Styrofoam
peanuts and she really didn't want me to do that.  Her response
was to -order- me to open the doors.  Said "OK, but you'll regret
it."

It was windy that day .....

73!

K0PP