The problem was discussed in this thread  last year.
http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/K3-Odd-ALC-behavior-td7633052i20.html

Gordon - N1MGO
On 05/14/2018 03:05 AM, Alan Ibbetson wrote:
Don,

I'm puzzled you when you say

"If it were a K3 problem, that aliasing would also be happening with other  data modes as well. Other soundcard data modes do not have a problem with a TUNE at 1000 Hz"

I can reproduce this problem with my K3 with MMVARI on other data modes. I have tried it with another PC and sound card and again I can still see the problem. So I suspect that feeding a pure sine wave from any source into LINE IN can cause ALC bargraph artefacts at certain specific audio frequencies.

This is not FT8 specific, nor is it audio harmonics or IMD. It is simply an unfortunate choice of audio tone frequency interacting with the K3 internals. Or at least that is my best guess from the evidence I see here. The only constant throughout these tests is my K3. If it is faulty then OK, no big deal.

I hoped by reporting this effect on this mailing list I might help the others who have also commented about it. If there is a consensus that it's specific to my setup then OK. I can reliably avoid my problem by changing the audio tone frequency just a few Hz so I will just do that and get on with my life.

73, Alan G3XAQ