Steve - VE3SMA,

I see the same thing on 2m using my K3 with a DEMI transverter. The K3 will tune 28-32 MHz in transverter mode but there is not enough drive above 30 MHz. My 25w transverter drops to 7w at 146.52 (30.52 MHz IF). So its not usable at the FM end of 2m band.

Whether this a limitation of the DEMI unit or K3 is debatable. Result is unusable.

Rather than get upset, I just use a 2m-FM radio at frequencies >146 MHz. But I see your conundrum as you would like to use a higher freq. for IF on mw.

KX3-2M works fine over full band, and the KX3-2M is my mw IF radio.

73, Ed - KL7UW
  http://www.kl7uw.com
Dubus-NA Business mail:
dubus...@gmail.com