After you've trained the ATU, switch it to manual mode

k4ia, Buck
K3# 101
Honor Roll  8B DXCC
EasyWayHamBooks.com

On 5/21/2018 11:43 PM, K9MA wrote:
After "training" the ATU across part of the band and, I think, setting up the K3 so it should track, I notice some strange behavior.  As I tune to a different segment of the band, and stop, there's a delay or a second or so before the ATU relays switch. Other times, even though it's already been tuned to the new frequency, it doesn't switch until transmission starts which, of course, garbles the first character.  Am I doing something wrong, or have others notice this behavior?  I assumed that once the ATU has been tuned to each band segment, it would switch as soon as the K3 was tuned to a new segment (if necessary), so it would be ready to go when transmission starts.

73,

Scott K9MA