If you are not good at deciphering cryptic messages with geek words, don't use Linux. I do wish it were better, but Linux seems to be steeped in "geekdom language" - if you are not educated in the language, you do not deserve to be part of our culture. Until Linux produces plain text language for errors and such messages, it will not be a major player in the computer operating systems. Windows has its share of cryptic messages, but at least it is in plain text and does not often refer to "gobbledygook" that is only understood by Windows geeks. I have tried Linux and have been stiffed by questions to the forums saying essentially "if you don't understand the language, go away". I am not a computer dummy - I understand DOS, but the Linux language is a thing unto itself. Ubuntu and Linux Mint have reduced the Linux install process difficulty, but have not tackled the cryptic messages that can result. If you only want to do only email and web surfing, then Linux can work well for you, but anything else can be daunting with cryptic requests to enter a nonsensical string of commands for "who knows what results" and be shamed by the forum geeks who blame you for not understanding the language.

73,
Don W3FPR