I built 7723 last year and it was an outstanding way to while away a good few days in the desert.  Here's a couple of things that might help you along:

It's not one kit it's 3. Think of it like that and keep everything separate. Even though you will do a minimal build on the RF board for test purposes it's still 3 kits.

It's not a one day build. Even if you spend every waking hour on it (you wont!) it still takes a fair few days/weeks/months to get through.

The book is right! Even when it's just plain wrong, it's right. Go back read it again, ask on here. But that build book must have been worked over almost 8000 times, it's right.

I couldn't find any suitable trays to organise components but I bought a set of small(ish) plastic pots with lids. Big enough to get my fingers in. I had 12 I think which was more than enough, about 4 inches diameter and a couple of inches deep. Keeping the lids on and marked with the contents helped keep from them scattering from a careless movement or other accident.

Keep everything as Elecraft intended. If it came in a separate little brown envelope, inventory it then put it back in the envelope. Keep the resistors on their tapes, they are in fitting order.

Get a good quality pair of flush cutters and learn how to use them. It's worthwhile perfecting the technique of close cutting the leads before soldering, makes a nice board to handle afterwards and is very very very necessary in the area of the main vfo encoder.

Ask questions here, it's a fantastic resource.

Last, but by no means least, enjoy! As the ads say, it's the most fun you have with your clothes on. Though that might depend on how you do your kit building :)

73
Martin, HS0ZED