On 6/25/2018 11:29 AM, donov...@starpower.net wrote:
No, they are all pointed in exactly the same direction.

Right. The concept is to make them "colinear," so each antenna is in the other's null (off the end). We have done exactly that for our CQP county expeditions, where we run K3/KPA500 stations on the same band. Running 7 dB more power requires at least double the separation.

Another important component is an effective ferrite choke at each antenna's feedpoint -- that can improve isolation by preventing feedline radiation/reception from filling in the nulls.

Careful planning of antenna setup is key to a successful multi-transmitter setup. Since we're on the left coast, we do the same thing you do - Yagis pointed to W2/W3, dipoles broadside in the same direction. Operating from the middle of the country, dipoles are a better choice than Yagis, especially for CW, again oriented broadside E/W.

We do QRP FD, CW only, and it's obvious that some stations have paid a lot more attention to RX noise than others. Our club's call is W6BX, and we worked W3AO on at least three bands. Don't know if we made it on 80 -- haven't looked at the log.

73, Jim K9YC