I had a remote tuning knob when I had a Ten-Tec Omni VI+ several years ago, so
I was glad to get a K-Pod when it was introduced.  I like it very much for the
reasons already mentioned, especially the ergonomic benefit of having it next
to my keyboard.

When I had my K3, prior to getting a K3S, I had a rubber Ten-Tec trim ring
around the VFO A knob.  Then I replaced both VFO knobs with the
now-discontinued, weighted knobs from 73CNC.  I'm using the stock knobs on my
K3S but have the fancy 73CNC knob with the dimple on ball bearings on the
K-Pod, and life is good!  My suggestion is to be on the lookout for a 73CNC VFO
A knob for your K-Pod.

73, Jim N7US