"My first thought is that, since the antenna controller just sniffs for data, I
could add a DB-9 Y-cable to provide the extra port at the controller serial
port location. However, packets could still collide ...does the protocol handle
this? Is there some sort of multiplexer available?"

If only one device is doing the interrogating then there cannot be any conflict
and there is nothing to multiplex. Typically the listening device will only
need a 2 wire interface (TXD and GND). My KPA500 just listens to my TS-590
just be careful not to try to make a TX talk to a TX and that may happen if you
make a poor choice of Y cable.

73,

Andy k3wyc