In PA the Amateur Radio plate is $25.  Prior to our current administration
taking office, a "regular" vanity plate (of which I have one also) cost the
same $25 but now it costs $80.  So being a ham has some benefits.  :)

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 11:49 AM Nr4c <n...@widomaker.com> wrote:

> In Virginia it’s not a vanity plate and only costs one dollar more than
> regular plates.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> ...nr4c. bill
>

> > On Jul 16, 2018, at 9:30 AM, dyarnes <w7...@cox.net> wrote:
> >

> > Hi All,
> >
> > My call (W7AQK) is designated as a vanity call even  though it is the
> original call assigned to me back in 1955.  Under past FCC rules, I had to
> give it up when I moved to a different call area.  That actually happened
> twice!  The first time I reacquired this call it cost me nothing!  FCC just
> reassigned it to me as a previous holder.  However, in the early 90’s, when
> I decided I wanted my original call again, and I was again in the 7th call
> district, I had to do so under the vanity program, and pay extra for it
> too!  Even renewals were subject to a special fee!  Now that has changed,
> thankfully.  However, I still somewhat resent the fact that my call is
> considered a vanity call, even though I am a previous holder of it, and
> also that, at one time, I would have been reissued this call by “rights”.
> >
> > While I’m grousing about “vanity” issues, our Arizona Department of
> Transportation allows me to have a “vanity” license plate with my call on
> it.  I pay an extra $25 for that, presumably to cover the cost of special
> processing.  However, I have to pay that same $25 every time I renew!
> Why???  It doesn’t cost them anything extra once the plate has been made
> and issued!!!  Seems a bit unfair to me!
> >
> > Dave W7AQK

> > Message delivered to n...@widomaker.com

> Message delivered to r...@wc3t.us

Rich Hurd / WC3T / DMR: 3142737
Northampton County RACES, EPA-ARRL Public Information Officer for Scouting
Latitude: 40.761621 Longitude: -75.288988  (40°45.68' N 75°17.33' W) Grid:
*FN20is*